Tan it up….
Now that you’ve got your tights off, and calves and thighs of dreams to be showing off to the world, it’s time to get some colour onto those puppies!
Here are the top tips for a non-streaky/non-orange tan that will make getting those legs out all the better!
1) Apply self-tan in several light layers, not one thick one, for a colour that lasts longer and fades evenly – and use overnight for the best results.
2) Self tan on the face develops darker than on the body. For the perfect colour match, use a layer of moisturiser first. We love Sisley Self Tanning Gel and Chanel Soleil Identite.
3) Johnson’s Baby Wipes are brilliant for removing stubborn old tan – the neck particularly gets cakey build up. A mix of lemon juice, salt and sugar also strips it off beautifully.
4) Don’t use latex gloves to apply like some pros do ( they can lead to streaking); instead try a tanning mitt. If using a spray tan, move quickly – the faster you are, the less chance of streaking.
5) Use a gradual tanner every 3 days, such as St Tropez Everyday Body. This will lead to a much smoother transition from English Rose, to Brazilian Goddess!
6) If in doubt, get it done by the professionals…. or just opt for ‘Pale is beautiful’ this summer!